Monday, September 10, 2012

The End of the Honeymoon Stage

It's finally starting to sink in that I'm not a tourist here for a week, and that I'll be here awhile.  I'm really starting to miss Datsik, and I don't really know anyone with a dog yet so that I can go and visit them for some real puppy love. I really want some Ranch dressing, and I'm about ready to stop eating anything that my host mom puts salt in. I don't have any of my close friends here, and I haven't made anything but party buddies so far, and it makes me a little sad. I don't know what to do with myself during all the free time I have, because classes haven't started to give out homework yet, and like I said, I don't have any close friends yet to just go and chill with.
However, I have found a delicious gelato store, that I can find without a problem, and as long as I can get to Casco Viejo, I can find numerous shoe stores for some seriously needed retail therapy, because shoes that's why. I haven't cried yet from my homesickness, but I know it's bound to happen soon.  This means that I should stock up on more chocolate and soon, just to be prepared.
This studying abroad thing is both easier and harder than I thought. I'm fine with the class loads and talking in spanish all the time, but I miss the small things that remind me of home, like I'd never thought I'd be sad to see so little grass. I like being in such a busy place, but I hate that I don't have a best friend here to enjoy it with me. I know that I can still talk to everyone back home, but it's not quite the same as being in their presence. I guess that means all you people from back home should feel super loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment